Author: Kirsten Smith (Hamama Friends group member, find the original post here!)
Prep: 35 min
Cook: 55 min
Makes: 3-4 servings
Dinner tonight is dolsot bibimbap (Korean mixed rice in a hot stone bowl) with a big healthy dose of Spicy Daikon Radish microgreens!
Meat and meat sauce
Prepare and cook ingredients as below
1. For meat, mix the beef mince with the meat sauce listed above. Marinate the meat for about 30 mins while you are working on other ingredients to enhance the flavour. Add some cooking oil into a wok and cook the meat on medium high to high heat. It takes about 3 to 5 mins to thoroughly cook it.
2. Mix the Bibimbap sauce ingredients in a bowl.
4. Rinse, peel and julienne the carrots. Add some cooking oil and 1/4 tsp of fine sea salt in a wok and cook the carrots on medium high to high heat for 2 to 3 mins.
5. Clean/rinse the shiitake mushrooms and thinly slice them. Add some cooking oil and 1/4 tsp of fine sea salt in a wok and cook the mushrooms on medium high to high heat until they are all cooked. (It takes 2 to 3 mins.)
7. Make fried eggs. (While sunny side up is common, you can make them per your preference.)
8. Put the rice into a bowl and add the meat, assorted vegetables, seasoned seaweed, Bibimbap sauce and the egg on top of the rice. Serve it.
9.Mix the ingredients well in the bowl and enjoy!
This flavorful and refreshing Mediterranean-style salad is the perfect quick and healthy option for lunch or accompaniment to your main dish. 🥒🍋🍅