Author: Nancy Hoeft Davis (Hamama Friends group member, find the original post here!)
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
I love my work from home days, lunch is always better. #babykale #openface it’s chicken salad on a rye toast. I use olive oil mayo, capers, sweet relish and black pepper to turn chicken into chicken salad.
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup fresh cherries pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- HAMAMA Kale Microgreens
- (Also top with Nancy's favorite additions: olive oil mayo, capers, sweet relish and black pepper.)
- 4 slices bread gluten free, sourdough or ciabatta
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 butter croissants
- 4 lettuce leaves
Combine the greek yogurt, honey and dijon mustard in a small bowl.
If serving on bread, lightly toast the bread, then place 5-6 leaves of spinach on top of the bread, add the chicken salad and serve.
To serve the chicken salad on a croissant, slice the croissant through the middle lengthwise, then add the spinach, if you'd like to the bottom half of the croissant, then top with the chicken salad and the top half of the croissant.
To serve the chicken salad on lettuce leaves, simply add the salad to the leaves of lettuce.