Author: Angela Alger (Hamama Friends group member, find the original post here!)
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 15 min
Makes: 6 servings
Sweet Kale Salad Recipe is a healthy version of famous salad kit: kale, cabbage, broccoli, pumpkin seeds & cranberries with homemade sweet kale salad dressing. 😋
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and finely chopped (about 4 cups packed)
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, shredded (optional)
- 1 cup endive, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds boiled/peeled eggs from Costco Poppyseed
- 2 whole hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain (I used 2%)
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice of
- 1/2 small orange, juice of
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic or onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Add kale, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts and endive (if using), cranberries to a large salad bowl. Toast pumpkin seeds in a small skillet on low-medium heat until lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Stir frequently and watch closely not to burn. Transfer to a salad bowl.
2. In a small bowl or salad dressing shaker, add Poppy seed Dressing ingredients and whisk or shake to combine. Pour over salad, gently stir and serve. Store: Refrigerate assembled salad for up to 24 hours. Dressing can be refrigerated for up to 5 days and added to salad as needed.
Comments will be approved before showing up.