Zesty Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Recipe: Zesty Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Author: Elle, Hamama Happiness Team Member
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
Did you know that quinoa is considered a “super grain”? It’s gluten free, whole grain, protein-rich, high in fiber, and it’s super versatile! This salad is a mediterranean delight, especially when combined with Hamama Zesty Mix microgreens!
1 cup organic white quinoa
2 cups water
¼ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 peeled and diced cucumber (or 2 small persian cucumbers)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
¼ cup diced red onion
2 tbsp chopped kalamata olives
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
⅛ tsp pink himalayan salt
¼ tsp garlic powder or ½ fresh chopped garlic clove
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly prior to cooking to remove any residue.
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp salt.
- Cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- While your quinoa is cooking, peel and chop 1 cucumber (or 2 small persian cucumbers), 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes, ¼ cup diced red onion, and 2 tbsp chopped kalamata olives.
- Remove from heat, keeping the lid on and let stand covered for 3 to 5 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to large mixing bowl
- Squeeze 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice into bowl
- Add ¼ tsp garlic powder or ½ fresh chopped garlic clove
- Whisk together
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to the large mixing bowl
- Add in chopped veggies and ¼ cup chickpeas
- Stir all ingredients until well combined
- Mix in your Hamama Zesty Mix microgreens
- Squeeze some more fresh lemon on top with ground pepper and pink himalayan salt (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.