Hamama empowers anyone to grow healthy, sustainable food at home no matter the season, location, or their skill level. Hamama's just-add-water Grow Kit makes growing superfood microgreens at home easier than making a cup of tea. We need someone special who can bring their experience in HR to help us continue our high growth trajectory. Must be aligned with our mission, passionate about making a difference, and motivated and excited to execute in a startup environment.
Hamama is looking for an HR & Office Manager to provide HR and office support to our warehouse team in West Sacramento and to our remote team across the US. The role is responsible for providing great internal team support to our hourly and remote workforce, ensuring compliance, up-to-date and organized record keeping, and driving continuous process improvement. Additional roles include general office management, including supplies and meals ordering, paperwork organization and filing. You’ll be ensuring the continued happiness of the team and working to implement best practices HR practices at Hamama. We are a rapidly growing startup and are looking to bring on many talented and motivated people before the end of 2020. If you’d like to help us in our mission, this is the job for you!
Successful Candidates Will Demonstrate:
- Ability to work independently and use your past experiences and skill to define many of the deliverables. You will be building out HR.
- Ability to understand our business goals and recommend new policies, approaches and procedures to create continuous improvement in objectives, team productivity, and development of HR at Hamama.
- Ability to support a rapidly growing team including new employee recruiting, on-boarding and follow-up, discipline, conflict resolution, employment termination, and official correspondence with local and state organizations.
- Enthusiastic, driven, and team player who wants to create a positive work environment wherever you are.
- Enjoys getting your hands dirty and comfortable with a large workload.
Knowledge of employment laws and requirements and ability to implement processes, run or organize classes or similar, or make necessary changes to ensure compliance.
- Hands on, with the ability to get a pulse of the company and team to create a high level of team engagement and happiness.
- Experience with a fast paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to work on several projects at once.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization from the team, to team leads, managers, and leadership.
- Passion for continuous process improvement and innovative HR solutions.
Ability to interface with Payroll and/or PEO to ensure pay, bonuses, PTO and sick time are applied appropriately.
- Use professional skills gained from previous positions and apply them to our applications.
Ability to work autonomously while keeping employee and company information private and protected.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- 2+ years HR experience preferred.
- Experience supporting 50 or more hourly employees preferred.
- Experience working in an e-commerce products company is a plus.
- Experience in distribution/fulfillment centers or manufacturing environments is a plus.
- Proficiency with industry standard HR software and comfort with computers and software such as Microsoft Office or Google Suite.
- Passion for gardening, healthy living, and/or sustainable living a plus.
- Experience in documentation, record keeping and organization.
Hamama is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hamama is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Health insurance
- 6:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Monday to Friday
We keep our team as safe as possible. Everyone wears masks, is required to social distance, and wash hands and sanitize surfaces frequently.
- West Sacramento, CA 95691 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
Yay! Please apply through Indeed and complete the skills assessment! https://www.indeed.com/job/hr-office-manager-d366aaf724ae6d32