About the Company:
Hamama is on a mission to enable anyone to grow their own fresh greens at home. Our innovative products, manufactured right here in California, make that possible. We have thousands of customers in all 50 states growing year round, eating fresh, nutritious greens they grew every day. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
About The Role:
We are looking for reliable, smart, and driven individuals who are motivated by challenge and energized by growing, developing and inspiring people; are passionate about delivering quality to our amazing customers, are operationally-savvy, and willing and able to learn and apply new things. Operations Managers will grow and lead a team of 2-4 Assistant Managers and hire and expand into managing 30-40 hourly Team Members to achieve our goals and have fun doing it. In this role, you will own strategic planning and drive execution of initiatives to support our company goals.
We are looking for a manager to oversee and optimize Hamama’s West Sacramento warehouse operation:
The fulfillment team manages every aspect of the Client-bound shipping process including picking, kitting, and shipping. The fulfillment team ensures we are delighting our customers with every shipment, packed with care and attention to detail, and delivered on time.
The manufacturing team is our largest team and is responsible for the production of our core product, the Seed Quilt. Our manufacturing team is constantly striving to produce the very best product, focusing on quality control, consistency, and reliable output to keep pace with Fulfillment.
In addition to our core teams, we have warehouse wide focuses on data analysis, inventory management, and process improvement.
As Operations Manager, you will be an integral part of creating and nurturing our Hamama culture. Most importantly, you are responsible for inspiring others to be their best selves while creating a fun, fulfilling, and safe place to work for everyone.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will...
• Be joining a rapidly-growing startup at the very early stages, with the ability to play a large role in the trajectory of the company.
• Run an effective operation with support from your assistant managers and upper management while spending your time focusing on people management, creating structures for the warehouse, analyzing and improving existing processes through data, and implementing new processes to streamline operations.
• Inspire, develop, and support your direct reports and their teams to generate our culture while achieving their goals
• Connect your team to our vision and bring focus & intention to delivering on projects and priorities.
• Demonstrate agile leadership by leading through periods of ambiguity and fostering the same mindset within your team.
• Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members to build an exceptional team of employees who are motivated by challenge and empower others to do the same.
• Manage the labor planning needs for the various teams to meet weekly goals through accurate planning for current and future hiring needs.
• Develop great partnerships as you regularly seek, share and incorporate high-quality feedback to increase impact and drive development for you and your team.
• Model and champion innovation by encouraging your team to find ways to do things more effectively, ask client-centric questions, share their learnings with others, and work through challenges and obstacles.
• Review daily performance data and analyze for trends and opportunities. Make informed decisions and respond to changing operational needs effectively e.g. staffing and process changes.
We’re Excited About You Because...
• You are smart, reliable, driven and motivated by challenge and embody our values.
• You are an exceptional people manager with experience leading others.
• You value doing what’s right, not what’s easy.
• You enjoy thinking holistically and find ways to impact the broader organization.
• You thrive in an environment where autonomy and responsibility are granted and are committed to providing the same for the teams you manage.
• You believe in the vision of our business and are excited by being able to extend our reach even more.
• You are energetic and ready to be on-the-go -- leading your team from the floor for 8 or more hours per day.
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or G Suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Slide) and love learning new systems.
• You like numbers and are comfortable with mathematics, computers, and other tools commonly used make data-driven decision making.
• You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
You'll love working at Hamama because...
• You’ll be an integral part of an organization that is working to put a garden in every home.
• You can work to your strengths here and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
• We want to redefine what it means to work in a warehouse -- and you’ll contribute to this!
• We love solving problems, thinking creatively, trying new things, and having fun while we work.
• We are a group of great people motivated by challenge and who truly believe in our business model.
• We can offer a competitive salary.
• We have free lunch every day!
• You’ll be proud to say that you work for Hamama and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
We are an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who value and will support a friendly, team-oriented and drug free workplace. Applicants may be required to submit to a criminal background check prior to commencing employment
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume to Dan Goodman at email@example.com with subject line "JOB APPLICATION - Operations Manager"