We are a rapidly growing e-commerce company making it easy for customers eat more greens by growing superfoods at home. Hamama empowers anyone to grow healthy, sustainable food at home no matter the season, location, or their skill level. Hamama's just-add-water Grow Kit makes growing superfood microgreens at home easier than making a cup of tea. Must be aligned with our mission, passionate about making a difference, and motivated and excited to execute in a startup environment.
About The Role:
We are looking for reliable, smart, and driven individuals who are motivated by challenge and energized by growing, developing and inspiring people; are passionate about delivering quality to our amazing customers, are operationally-savvy, and willing and able to learn and apply new things. The Operations Manager will grow and lead a team of 2-4 Assistant Managers or Team Leads and hire and expand into managing 40-75 hourly Team Members. In this role, you will own strategic planning and drive execution of initiatives to support our company goals.
We are looking for a manager to oversee and optimize Hamama’s West Sacramento warehouse operation:
The fulfillment team manages every aspect of the Client-bound shipping process including picking, kitting, and shipping. The fulfillment team ensures we are delighting our customers with every shipment, packed with care and attention to detail, and delivered on time.
The manufacturing team is our largest team and is responsible for the production of our core product, the Seed Quilt. Our manufacturing team is constantly striving to produce the very best product, focusing on quality control, consistency, and reliable output to keep pace with Fulfillment.
In addition to our core teams, we have warehouse wide focuses on data analysis, inventory management, and process improvement.
As Operations Manager, you will be an integral part of creating and nurturing our Hamama culture. Most importantly, you are responsible for inspiring others to be their best selves while creating a fun, fulfilling, and safe place to work for everyone.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will...
• Be joining a rapidly-growing startup at the very early stages, with the ability to play a large role in the trajectory of the company.
• Run an effective operation with support from your assistant managers and upper management while spending your time focusing on people management, creating structures for the warehouse, analyzing and improving existing processes through data, and implementing new processes to streamline operations and optimize margins.
• Inspire, develop, and support your direct reports and their teams to generate our culture while achieving their goals
• Connect your team to our vision and bring focus & intention to delivering on projects and priorities.
• Demonstrate agile leadership by leading through periods of ambiguity and fostering the same mindset within your team.
• Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members to build an exceptional team of employees who are motivated by challenge and empower others to do the same.
• Manage the labor planning needs for the various teams to meet weekly goals through accurate planning for current and future hiring needs.
• Develop great partnerships as you regularly seek, share and incorporate high-quality feedback to increase impact and drive development for you and your team.
• Model and champion innovation by encouraging your team to find ways to do things more effectively, ask client-centric questions, share their learnings with others, and work through challenges and obstacles.
• Review daily performance data and analyze for trends and opportunities. Make informed decisions and respond to changing operational needs effectively e.g. staffing and process changes.
We’re Excited About You Because...
• You are smart, reliable, driven and motivated by challenge and embody our values.
• You are an exceptional people manager with experience leading others.
• You value doing what’s right, not what’s easy.
• You enjoy thinking holistically and find ways to impact the broader organization.
• You thrive in an environment where autonomy and responsibility are granted and are committed to providing the same for the teams you manage.
• You believe in the vision of our business and are excited by being able to extend our reach even more.
• You are energetic and ready to be on-the-go -- leading your team from the floor for 8 or more hours per day.
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or G Suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Slide) and love learning new systems.
• You like numbers and are comfortable with mathematics, computers, and other tools commonly used make data-driven decision making.
• You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
You'll love working at Hamama because...
• You’ll be an integral part of an organization that is working to put a garden in every home.
• You can work to your strengths here and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
• We want to redefine what it means to work in a warehouse -- and you’ll contribute to this!
• We love solving problems, thinking creatively, trying new things, and having fun while we work.
• We are a group of great people motivated by challenge and who truly believe in our business model.
• We can offer a competitive salary.
• We have free lunch every day!
• You’ll be proud to say that you work for Hamama and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
We are an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who value and will support a friendly, team-oriented and drug free workplace. Applicants may be required to submit to a criminal background check prior to commencing employment
Job Type: Full-time
- Free lunch EVERY DAY
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision insurance after 60 day waiting period
- Free $50,000 life insurance policy
- Free long term disability insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
Yay! Please apply via Workable to continue kick off the interview process: https://apply.workable.com/hamama/j/D0153EE649/