We are a rapidly growing e-commerce company making it easy for customers eat more greens by growing superfoods at home. Hamama empowers anyone to grow healthy, sustainable food at home no matter the season, location, or their skill level. Hamama's just-add-water Grow Kit makes growing superfood microgreens at home easier than making a cup of tea. Must be aligned with our mission, passionate about making a difference, and motivated and excited to execute in a startup environment.
Title: Materials Sourcing and Supply Chain manager
We are looking for a materials sourcing manager to join us in our manufacturing and fulfillment facility in West Sacramento. The materials sourcing manager will be responsible for identifying new, high quality suppliers and working with existing suppliers to ensure that Hamama’s supply base is capable of supporting business growth and delivering high quality products to our customers. The materials sourcing manager will also own inventory and ensure that purchasing is executed in a timely manner factoring in consumption and anticipated demand.
As a full-time team member, your hours of work will be 6:30am - 2:30pm, Monday through Friday.
• Identify opportunities for new suppliers and create detailed requirements documentation for each sourced material or component to ensure production to Hamama’s standards.
• Responsible for the sourcing, procurement, testing and supplier relationship management.
• Establish, negotiate, and maintain effective partnerships and contracts between company and vendor partners - holding partners accountable for out-of-spec product, late deliveries, or other issues.
• Work closely with inventory planning and sales/operations planning teams and create processes to provide optimal supply levels of components.
• Develop and execute an efficient purchase order process, factoring in active inventory and anticipated consumption.
• Purchase materials and ensure they meet the standards defined in the requirements documentation.
• Ensure supply, production, and customer requirement needs are met. Identify and implement lower cost alternatives while meeting quality and specification requirements.
• Keep up-to-date testing information on all new products.
• Keep up-to-date information on quality, out of spec or rejected material and communicate issues to the supplier.
• Innovate on inventory tracking and by researching and implementing new technologies and processes.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, in supply chain, finance, business, or related discipline.
• 3-5 years of experience in procurement management roles with direct responsibility for supplier negotiation, contract and vendor management and pricing/costs decisions required.
• Experience with physical product e-commerce companies is a plus.
• Working knowledge and experience with strategic sourcing processes.
• High attention to detail
• Ability to learn quickly
• Team Player
• Financial/Material Costing experience.
• Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and simultaneous user needs.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well at all levels of the organization.
• Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Drive), and related production and product information systems.
• Must be willing to spend significant time both planning and being on the production and warehouse floor.
• Interest in gardening, healthy living, green living, or sustainability a plus
West Sacramento, CA
Remote: possible, proximity to Sacramento preferred
- Free lunch EVERY DAY
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision insurance after 60 day waiting period
- Free $50,000 life insurance policy
- Free long term disability insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
Yay! Please apply via Workable to answer the first set of interview questions: https://apply.workable.com/hamama/j/853E52CD8F/
Hamama is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hamama is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We keep our team as safe as possible. Everyone wears masks, is required to social distance, and wash hands and sanitize surfaces frequently.
Job Type: Full-time