Fresh dough from Whole Foods (or anywhere you choose, or make your own homemade dough)
4 small Onions (sliced into rings)
Drizzle of Maple Syrup
8oz Mushrooms (I chose mixed mushrooms)
Pesto spread (I had homemade frozen pesto cubes I thawed out and used as the sauce)
3 Cheese Blend (from Whole Foods, includes- Fontina Cheese, Asiago Cheese, Parmesan Cheese)
Spinach (large handful since they shrink down when cooked)
1. First, take out your onion, mushrooms and spinach. Cut the onions into rings and place into a medium size pan over medium high head with a drizzle of coconut oil. Let cook until sauteed and once sauteed, drizzle in maple syrup and stir. Stir every so often until the onions really start to caramelize. This can take around 30-40 minutes.
2. Once the onions have caramelized, you can take the same pan, add a little more coconut oil and add your chopped mushrooms to the pan. You want to cook just enough to where they are sauteed, about 5 minutes.
3. After the mushrooms have cooked, add a bit more coconut oil and add in your large handful of spinach. Spinach does not take long to cook down, around 5 minutes, but don’t over-cook. I like it just slightly wilted for the pizza.
4. Once all of your sides are sauteed and set aside to cool, you can preheat your oven to 415 degrees F. Then take out your pizza dough and with a dough roller, stretch the pizza out to your liking. I used a baking pan to put the pizza on. (I add a little oil to the pan so the pizza does not stick)
5. I lay the pizza on the pan next and put a nice layer of pesto spread onto the dough.
6. Next I add on the mushrooms, caramelized onions and spinach spreading it evenly throughout the pizza.
7. I then add the mozzarella and the 3 cheese blend very lightly. I don’t like too much cheese so just a nice sprinkle on top will do. Adding a little to the crust is wonderful too!
8. Once the oven is ready to go, place your pizza and cook for about 40 minutes or until a little browned and crispy on top.
9. Take the pizza out when ready, let cool for a minute and add on your fresh arugula and microgreens! I chose Broccoli microgreens to add on top. Delicious!
10. Cut the pizza into slices, small or large and enjoy!!!! :D