Author: Carolyn Severin, Hamama Success Team Member
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4-6 servings
This delicious soup gets its decadent and creamy texture from cashews. It’s a healthy and satisfying alternative to dairy. Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian or neither, this soup is perfect for you! It’s healthy, flavorful, simple and quick to make… Don’t forget to add some fresh microgreens on top!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained and rinsed
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 large leeks, chopped
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 tarragon leaves
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Juice from one small lemon (optional)
- Roasted asparagus tips
- Hamama microgreens
- Fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the oil and leeks, stirring until sauteed, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chives, stirring until fragrant.
- Add the asparagus and tarragon and stir for a minute or so.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Once your asparagus is nice and tender, turn the heat to low and add in the soaked cashews.
- With an immersion blender [or regular blender], blend the soup until nice and creamy.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and add a little salt and pepper to taste, microgreens, dill and croutons and enjoy!