Chef-Inspired Fish & Summer Veggie Succotash with Lemon Saffron Sauce
Recipe: Chef-Inspired Fish & Summer Veggie Succotash with Lemon Saffron Sauce
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 2 Servings
Will is one of our Hamama Growers who also happens to be a professional chef who crafts up some really impressive food! This Fish with summer Veggie Succotash and Lemon Saffron Sauce is one of his specialties, including locally wild caught Rockfish and of course Hamama microgreens! Give this make-at-home version (inspired by Will’s dish) a try and feel like a Chef for a day! 🐟🌱
Ingredients for Fish:
2 Rocketfish Fillets (Can sub tilapia, cod, red snapper, or your favorite mild fish)
1 Lemon (sliced)
4 Tbsp Butter
½ Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Sprigs fresh Rosemary
4 Sprigs fresh Dill
4 Sprigs fresh Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Succotash:
4-5 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
1 Cup Sorghum (can sub quinoa or brown rice!)
12 oz Frozen Lima Beans
1 Shallot (diced)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
4 Cups Fresh or Frozen Corn
1 Red Pepper (diced)
2 Cups of Cherry Tomatoes
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Ingredients for Lemon Saffron Sauce:
1 Stick of Butter
1 Tbsp Sherry
2 Tsp Garlic
⅔ Tbsp Lemon Juice
½ Cup Half and Half
Pinch of Saffron (can substitute with Tumeric)
Pinch of White Pepper
- For the Succotash, bring 2 cups of broth to a boil in a 2 quart pot. Add Sorghum and let return to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to medium until the broth absorbs the Sorghum. Remove from heat, let sit to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place lima beans and 2 cups of broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the lima beans are tender.
- While the lima beans cook, you can make the Lemon Saffron Sauce. Start by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add garlic, saffron, pepper and cook until sauteed. Add white wine and cook for another minute. Add lemon juice and cook for another minute and then lastly add the cream. Cook until mixed well and set aside.
- Back to cooking the Succotash, next you will add the shallot and garlic to the beans. Cook until the shallot is translucent. (If needed, you can add a dash more broth to cook the veggies if they need a little more liquid to cook.)
- Add the corn and pepper next and let sit and saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of sliced tomatoes to the bean and corn mixture. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add the remaining cup of tomatoes, cooked sorghum, salt and pepper. Mix together well and set aside.
- On to the star of the show- the fish! Start by lightly seasoning the fish with salt and pepper and a little bit of garlic powder.
Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add thyme, rosemary and dill while the butter melts to help infuse fresh herb flavor. Add the fish to the skillet and pan-sear the fish for 3-4 minutes on both sides while also placing the fresh herbs on top before flipping over. (let the fish get golden brown on each side) While the fish cooks, spoon some of the melted butter over the pieces of fish. After spooning butter over fish, place the herbs back on top, and continue cooking fish approximately 3-4 additional minutes until done, and fish flakes easily.
- Once cooked, add the Succotash to your plates, add the Pan Seared Fish with Fresh Herbs on top and lightly pour the Lemon Saffron Sauce over the fish and enjoy! :D
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.