Creamy Vegan Tuscan Pasta
Recipe: Creamy Vegan Tuscan Pasta
Author: Carolyn Severin, Happiness Team Member
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4-6 servings
This Tuscan pasta dish is a great substitute for anyone wanting to have a healthy alternative to meat and dairy ingredients in their meal. It is delicious as is, or can be served over pasta or rice! Add any garnish that your taste enjoys, but don’t skimp on the Hamama greens! :D
Edamame Pasta (any pasta you choose)
2 tablespoons vegan butter
6 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 bunch asparagus
1 yellow onion, diced
½ cup white wine
5 oz jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil
13.5 oz coconut cream or coconut milk whole
3 cups spinach leaves
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon of water
2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Broccoli microgreens for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Add the asparagus and cook for another minute and set aside.
- While starting to cook up your sauce, bring water to a boil to cook the pasta. (Once pasta is done, set aside)
- Cook the onion in the butter remaining in the pan. Once the onion is translucent, add the white wine and allow it to reduce to half while scraping away any bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the sun dried tomatoes and cook for another minute or so until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the coconut cream and let gently simmer. Stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and let wilt into the sauce. Allow sauce to simmer for another minute and then add cornstarch to the center of the pan and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the cornstarch in until the sauce thickens.
- Add the asparagus back into the pan, stir one more time and serve over pasta. Garnish with broccoli microgreens or any garnish you would prefer and enjoy! 🌱
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.