Author: Brittany - Hamama Success Team Member
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3.5 hours
Talk about a unique treat!! This recipe is a perfect way to sneak in a few healthy greens into a chewy fruity snack for your family. You can change up the ingredients and flavors of your fruit roll-up - the combinations are limitless! I recommend using a mild-tasting microgreen like kale or cabbage so as to not disrupt the other flavors too much.
- 7 oz dragon fruit, frozen
- 2 tbsp honey or sweetener of choice (more or less to taste)
- ¼ cup frozen mixed berries (or sub for your favorite frozen fruit)
- ⅓ cup Kale microgreens (or any mild-tasting microgreen)
- Preheat oven to 175⁰. *If you have a dehydrator, you can use that!
- In a food processor, add your frozen dragon fruit, mixed berries and sweetener. Blend until smooth. Taste it to see if it is sweet enough for your liking and add more sweetener if desired.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet and pour the mixture on top. Make sure to evenly spread the mixture on the baking sheet.
- Place the tray in the oven to cook.
- After about two hours, check your roll up and see if it is dehydrated. If it is still wet in some spots, leave it in the oven and check in periodically. *Ovens may vary and therefore the total cook time is just dependent on when the roll up is dehydrated.
- Once it is ready, let it cool for a few minutes. Then get some kitchen scissors or a sharp knife and cut your strips.