Author: Carolyn Severin, Hamama Success Team Member
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
No need for takeout, this homemade pad thai is delicious and simple to make for a quick meal any night of the week! This pad thai has crispy tofu, an egg, fresh chives and microgreens to delight your taste buds….but you can easily change up the ingredients to your liking! So satisfying and flavorful.
- 6 oz dry rice noodles
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup prepared pad thai sauce, or homemade
- Hamama microgreens
- Chives, chopped
- Bean sprouts
- 1 egg, scrambled
- Roasted peanuts, crushed
- Lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Once ready, drain the water and let them sit until ready to use.
- While your noodles are cooking, get out a small pan, drizzle a little coconut oil and scramble your egg. Set aside when ready.
- Cut your tofu into cubes and add to a medium skillet on medium high heat with coconut oil, cooking on each side for 5 minutes until browned. Set aside to cool in a bowl when done.
- Add your shallots to the skillet and cook until sauteed.
- Place your garlic into the skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring on occasion.
- Next, add in your pad thai sauce and noodles to the skillet and stir to combine.
- When your noodles are ready, serve and garnish with the egg, microgreens, chives, sprouts, crushed roasted peanuts, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste!