By Liz Vaknin
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 15 min
Wait Time: 5 min
There is nothing quite as wonderful as summer vegetation in full bloom. We love to prepare fresh, clean meals and are extra thankful when they don't require the use of an oven during those really unbearable summer days. This simple recipe comes together in about 15 minutes, and is a sure-fire way to impress your dinner, or lunch, or brunch guests. The flavor of the HAMAMA greens is refreshing and cleansing, especially when paired with the slight heat of the chili oil. It doesn't hurt that this dish is also super "Instagram-able." Enjoy!
For the crudo:
- 2-3 oz. fresh barramundi or sea bass fish filet (no skin + boneless), cut into ½” slices or pieces
- 1 radish, trimmed and shaved or sliced thin
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. red onion, chopped or sliced thin (about ⅛ small onion)
- ½ apricot, pitted and sliced thin
For the curing liquid:
- 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice (about ½ lime)
- 2 tbsp. sunflower, avocado or olive oil
- ¼ cup HAMAMA microgreens (we used daikon radish)
- Pinch of kosher or flaky salt
- 1 tbsp. sunflower, avocado or olive oil
- ½ tsp. smoked pimenton or paprika
Prep all ingredients according to instructions above. Add the ingredients of the curing liquid to a small bowl and mix, then add the fish and set aside for 5 minutes. Strain the fish, and reserve curing liquid.
Assemble the barramundi or sea bass slices on a large, flat plate, in any decorative fashion you please. Then, top with crudo trimmings: red onion, apricot, serrano pepper and radish.
In a separate small bowl or cup, mix the finishing oil and smoked pimenton or paprika until a deep red oil (with no clumps) comes together. Drizzle it over the cured fish and trimmings, and finish with HAMAMA microgreens. Serve immediately.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This flavorful Cuban-inspired burrito bowl is the perfect plant-powered alternative to feed your Cuban cuisine cravings! Makes easy leftovers for lunches on-the go and dinner reboots!