Fresh from the Garden Soup
Recipe: Fresh from the Garden Soup
Author: Carolyn Severin (Hamama Happiness Team Member)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Makes: 6-8 bowls of soup
This fresh from your garden soup is packed with flavor and character. Not only is it good, but it's simple and fresh from your garden! This meal is perfect for anyone who enjoys the simplicity of life.
(From your garden if possible)
2 Crookneck Squash
1 Large Fennel (Including Fennel Fronds)
1 Large Onion (Yellow or any from your garden)
6 Cloves of Garlic (You can do less if preferred)
1 Bunch of Cilantro
1 Handful of Mustard Greens
1 Handful of Microgreens (I chose Kale)
1 Handful of Spinach
8 Cups Water
Almond Slices (Topping)
Bragg Liquid Aminos (Topping)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- You will want to get your veggies and herbs from the garden.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Take the Fennel first and chop up saving the Fennel Fronds for later. You will want to take the Fennel and put on a baking sheet and drizzle Olive Oil and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Mix well and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the Fennel is roasting, heat a large soup pot over medium heat, drizzling a little olive oil in the pot and add the Onion into the pan until it softens. Once softened add the Garlic for a minute and then add the Fennel Fronds for flavor for another 5 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Once you can smell the fragrant Fennel and can see that the Garlic and Onion are well cooked you will then want to put your sliced Zucchini and Crookneck Squash in the pan. At this point you will want to add a lid so the squashes can really get sauteed nicely. After 5 minutes, add 8 cups of Water to the pot. Put the lid back on and let sit until the squash have cooked well. (around 20 minutes).
- When the Fennel is out of the oven after the 20 minutes are up add to the pot. Also add the Mustard Greens, Microgreens, Spinach and Cilantro. Let sit for a few minutes until cooked and take your hand held blender (or regular blender) and blend the soup until fully pureed.
- Once the soup is pureed, add a little salt, pepper and coconut oil and let simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Once it has simmered and really taken in the pureed flavors of all the garden goodies, serve in a bowl and sprinkle on some toppings such as Almond Slices or Bragg Liquid Aminos. These two toppings really kick it up a notch in flavor! Don’t forget to add more salt or pepper to taste as well.
Be proud of the garden you have grown and enjoy the taste of your fresh garden soup! 🤗🌱 ~Carolyn
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.