Author: Brittany - Hamama Success Team Member
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 - 25 minutes
Makes: 6 cornbread muffins
These muffins are not only super easy to make, but they are also incredibly delicious! To give these muffins a special Hamama kick, we added in some wasabi-mustard microgreens, but you can use whatever variety you’d like! These are the perfect accompaniment to soups & chilis and are fantastic just by themselves.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour (I used bread flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- ½ cup of Wasabi Microgreens (or any type of microgreens you like)
- Preheat the oven to 425⁰ and oil your muffin tin (or you can use cupcake liners).
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cayenne pepper, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mixcooled melted butter, oil, brown sugar, and honey together until completely smooth and thick.
- Add the egg and buttermilk to the wet mixture.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Make sure not to overmix the batter!
- Fold in the chopped jalapenos and microgreens.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins and cook for 20 - 25 minutes. Depending on your oven, check the muffins around 15 minutes.
- Remove the muffins and enjoy warm with some extra butter! These can also be eaten at room temperature!