Author: Natasha Z Hensel (Hamama Friends group member, find the original post here!)
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 45 min
Makes: 4 servings
Pork chops can really come alive with a soak of sweet mango marinade and a dash of Spicy Daikon Radish microgreens.
Rice:(in a rice cooker)
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
Pan Sauce:(same pan as chops were cooked in)
- 1/2 cup mango apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Pan drippings from seared chops
- Salt to taste
1. Sear chops on both sides(3-4 minutes depending on thickness).
2. Pour in 1 cup mango apple juice, put lid on and simmer till internal temp reaches at least 145°F.
3. Remove from pan to rest and make the sauce in the same pan. Add 1/2 cup more juice, reduce my half them add mustard and black pepper whisking to combined.
4. Pour into a heatproof gravy dish.
5. Using the same pan after a quick rinse, saute Bok Choy with a teaspoon of garlic scape olive oil for 2-3 minutes then add tablespoon of black vinegar and continue cooking to desired tenderness.
We enjoy ours still crispy so I shut off the heat immediately after adding vinegar. Residual heat finishes them to our liking.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This flavorful Cuban-inspired burrito bowl is the perfect plant-powered alternative to feed your Cuban cuisine cravings! Makes easy leftovers for lunches on-the go and dinner reboots!