Peachy Pesto Toast
Recipe: Peachy Pesto Toast
Author: Kelly King Corbin, Hamama Grower
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 0 Mins
Makes: 2 Pieces
I can’t say that I’m quite ready for summer to end, so for now I’m savoring all of the remaining summer produce. Peaches are my favorites; I follow the Georgia Peach Truck stops here in Wisconsin so I can get tons of fresh Georgia Peaches towards the end of Summer! I am always looking for news ways to use them & I stumbled across Hamama grower Kelly King Corbin’s eye-catching Peach Toast! Here is a version inspired by her great idea (the pictures are hers!).
*TIPS* Put these toppings on Crostini for a tasty, beautiful, and bite-sized snack to share! You could even just toss these ingredients together over a bed of mixed greens/arugula, add some toasted pecans, and make a lovely end-of-summer salad!
- 2 slices of Bread, sliced, drizzled with olive oil, and grilled or toasted
- 1 peach (firm, yet ripe)
- Feta cheese crumbles to taste (Can sub goat cheese or fresh mozzarella)
- Heirloom or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- A couple of thin red onion slices (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- A few leaves of arugula
- Hamama Microgreens - Super Salad Mix is great on this!
Basil & Microgreen Pesto:
- 1 packed cup basil and your favorite Microgreens (Radish adds a nice bite! Mint is also a lovely addition).
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (you could also use walnuts, pecans, or almonds)
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more if desired
- Pinches red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Slice peaches into 6 segments per peach.
- Make the pesto: Combine the microgreens, basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and olive oil in a small food processor with pinches of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine, adding more oil for a smoother pesto, or leaving it chunky – whichever consistency you prefer!
- Assemble toast: Top the toasted bread with a dollop of pesto, arugula, feta crumbles, red onion, tomatoes, and fresh peach slices! Garnish with more Hamama microgreens!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.