Southwest Black Bean Burgers
June 29, 2020
Recipe: Southwest Black Bean Burgers
Author: Allie Riebe, Happiness Team Member
Prep Time: 10 minutes (+40 mins if you don't already have cooked brown rice)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 Black Bean Burgers
These hearty veggie burgers are made with black beans, corn, brown rice & lots of seasonings! Dress them up with quick-pickled red onions, fresh guacamole, hot sauce, and Hamama spicy daikon radish microgreens! Serve them up with your favorite sides.
Tip: Double the recipe & freeze some to cook up later!
Black Bean Burgers
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup canned or thawed frozen corn
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (can substitute with chipotle powder)
- 1 egg
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs (I used gluten free Panko)
- Optional - 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional - a couple of drops of liquid smoke
- Optional - ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
Toppings / Garnish
- In a large bowl, add black beans, rice, corn, seasonings, and egg. Using a potato masher, gently mash the ingredients until thoroughly mixed together.
- Once mashed, add the bread crumbs and mix to combine.
- Take 1/4 of the mixture and shape it into a patty using your hands. Repeat with the remaining mixture to create four burger patties.
- In a pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes, flip, [top with a slice of cheese here if desired] and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Place patties on buns if using, then top with Guacamole, Quick pickled red onions, Radish Microgreens & hot sauce!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.