Author: Allie, Hamama Success Manager
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Makes: 1-2 Servings
Transport yourself to paradise with this creamy, tropical smoothie! Not only is papaya incredibly healthy for you, it is creamy, beautiful, and delicious (and maybe something new for you & your loved ones!). The combination of mellow papaya, creamy banana and luscious honey makes this smoothie #1 on my list! Give it a try :)
Benefits of papaya:
- Loaded with nutrients & minerals
- Has powerful antioxidants
- Has anti-cancer properties
- May improve heart health
- May fight inflammation
- Aids in digestion
- Protects skin health / reduce signs of aging
Picking out the perfect papaya:
- Choose papayas that are partially yellow and feel slightly soft when pressed. The skin should be smooth and shouldn’t have big bruises or extremely soft spots.
- A firm, unripe papaya can be ripened at room temperature for 3 to 5 days until mostly yellow to yellowish orange in color.
- Store a ripe papaya in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.