Vegetarian Jackfruit Taco Bowl
Recipe: Vegetarian Jackfruit Taco Bowl
Author: Allie Riebe, Happiness Team Member
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Makes: 2 Taco Bowls
*Tip: If you want, you can buy Southwest-Marinated Jackfruit and skip the seasonings!
1 7-ounce package young green jackfruit in water, shredded or pieces
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chili powder
½-1 tsp ground cumin
A dash of cayenne powder (optional for heat)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion Powder
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 cup of cooked sweet or fire-roasted corn
1 cup of cooked black beans, seasoned as desired
1 cup cooked quinoa, brown rice, or a blend of the two (YUM)
1 Mango, diced
1 avocado, sliced or mashed with lime, salt, and garlic powder.
Corn tortillas or Corn chips for serving
A bunch of Refreshing Cabbage Microgreens (sub for whichever you have on hand)
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Rinse, drain, and thoroughly dry the jackfruit.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil. Add the shredded jackfruit and red onion, and season with smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and black pepper (unless already marinated). Cook for 2-3 minutes, until warm and starting to color. Thin with a little filtered water if needed. Stir and reduce heat to low heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cook quinoa and/or brown rice, if you haven’t already done so.
- Heat & season the black beans in a small pot
- Heat the corn in a small skillet
- Slice the Mango & Avocado (I Mash my avocado with garlic powder, lime juice, and sea salt for a quick guacamole)!
- To assemble the bowls, divide quinoa/brown rice and jackfruit between two bowls along with black beans, corn, avocado, & diced mango. Garnish with Hamama microgreens and cilantro. Add hot sauce if you please! :D
- Serve with warm corn tortillas or your favorite tortilla chips for some crunch.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.