Author: Allie Riebe (Hamama Team Happiness Member)
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
Makes: 2 large salads
Need a salad change-up? This one is packed with different flavors & textures and loaded with nutrients! It will be sure to fill you up too!
- Spring Mix lettuce & Arugula- about 1 cup of each
- Cooked Wild rice, slightly warm or cooled (can sub quinoa)- about ¾ cup
- Carrot Shreds- about ¾ cup
- ½- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Raw Pumpkin seeds - about 2 TBSP cup
- Toasted Pecans or walnuts- about ¼ cup
- Shredded or diced cooked chicken- about 1 cup
- Red onion- thinly sliced, to taste
- Sauteed or Roasted Asparagus- cut into 1 inch pieces (I coat with olive or coconut oil, S&P, & garlic before cooking)
- Feta or Parmesan cheese- optional add on
- Homemade maple-dijon-balsamic vinaigrette (see below for recipe, will make more than needed for this salad but it is SO good you will want it for a different salad later!!)
- Hamama Microgreens- I used Super Salad Mix this time. Clover would be lovely as well
Make the salad dressing: Whisk together 1 TBSP dijon mustard, 1 clove of crushed garlic, about 2 TBSP pure, grade A maple syrup (can sub honey if preferred), ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, and a pinch of hot pepper flakes or cayenne if desired. Then slowly add about ⅔ cup of olive oil and blend or whisk briskly until emulsified.
Toss greens, together with carrots, onion, wild rice, chicken, & asparagus.